Refrigerator (less than 39°) 3 - 8 Days
Freezer (0° - 4°) 4 - 6 months
Deep Freeze (less than 0°) Up to 12 months
- Thawed milk should be used within 24 hours
- Frozen milk is best thawed in a fridge overnight.
- To warm breast milk: heat a glass of water (not boiling) and place bottle in glass of water to warm. NEVER boil breast milk.
- Discard breast milk after feeding to avoid risk of bacteria
- Do NOT refreeze breast milk
- When storing breast milk in the freezer use glass containers, hard plastic containers, or breast milk storage bags.
- Be sure to label your stored breast milk with the date it was expressed.