- Look for sales online and in store ads. Breast pumps do go on sale every couple months - especially at stores like Babies R Us and Target.
- Register for your pump - you never know some friends may want to go in on a gift together!
- Another Reason to Register! - Babies R Us, Target, and other stores give you a coupon for a certain % off any items left on your registry that YOU buy. So save those gift cards and go shopping after your baby shower, complete your registry, and save!
- Babies R Us lets you combine one coupon with your registry completion coupon for extra money savings!
- Check out Amazon.com and ebay.com - if you scour you can sometimes find great deals on new unused breast pumps. Note I highly recommend you purchase an unopened breast pump and not used.
- Remember it is an industry standard that once a breast pump box is open you may not return the pump (unless due to a defect & then you'll need to contact the manufacturer). So do your breast pump research in advance!
In the world of breast pumps, these days you tend to get what you pay for when it comes to pumps. If you're going to Exclusively Pump or pump quite frequently (like when going back to work) I highly recommend you go with a double electric breast pump. It saves so much time pumping both breasts at the same time - even more time when you're Hands Free with our bra of course! But if you've never looked at breast pumps, you might be in for a little sticker shock the first time you look at breast pumps. Here's a couple tips on how to save some money!
Exclusively Pumping Blog
for those who choose to pump exclusively or pump because they can't breastfeed...this blog is for you!